martes, 27 de mayo de 2008

¡Falta un poco!

Well i have just about finished picking out which kids i want to bring home with me. i go to one comedor right outside the city 2 times a week and there i work with a little boy named Arnaldo! He definitely is my favorite kid. we always work on addition and subtraction, then switch to learning to read, because although he can do math he can not read. i always write 5 to 10 easy spanish words for him to practice and learn while i am with him. he hates doing it for some reason though. he just is not interested in learning...but he does like it a lot when i read him kids stories! but every time i am with him i want to bring him back with me...after we finished our work yesterday he wanted that he and i color together, so he colored half and i colored half. it was funny because when the other kids saw that i was coloring his they wanted me to color as well, but i told them they should color it themselves and Arnaldo took up for me and told the other kids to leave me alone because we colored the picture half and half! he is adorable.

Also on Sunday, i got a free trip to Uruguay to the old colonial city of, Colonia del Sacramento. It is a beautiful old city, built by the portuguese. i enjoyed it. My spanish teacher last semester is from Uruguay so now i can go and tell her that i went and she will smile at me like always and tell me how great it is that i went! For now I will be going...God Bless.

1 comentario:

Leslie Virginia dijo...

Hahaha. She does always smile at you, Joey...

I would also like you to read this sentence you wrote: "He wanted that he and I color together." Way to translate your Spanish directly into English. Aren't you supposed to be doing it the other way around?

Cute stories! Bring them all home and I'll babysit for you on the weekends. ;)