martes, 6 de mayo de 2008

5 days wearing the same pants, but the luggage has arrived

i just wanted to let my readers know that llego el equipaje!!!! i have now luggage sitting on my bed!!! i was pretty excited that it finally got here because the pants i am wearing are getting a little stinky...

today i wonderned about the city again with a friend and took different means of transportation to get used to it. i went to el cemeterio de la recoleta, which is amazing. i dont really know how to explain it but i have pictures that i will post when ever i figure out how to do that. we then walked to one end of the city and walked around a nature preserve then decided to take a bus back which was a bad decision because it was rush hour...it took about an hour and half to get back to my house on the other side of the city. i had to stand pretty much the whole time as well considering there were a ton of people on the bus.

i have noticed here that unlike new york or other big cities in the united states you hear a variety of languages, but here for being a huge city i only hear spanish...there are you occasional english speakers that are few and far between but all i ever hear is spanish...just an observation.

Porteños, i have also noticed, have a very relaxed life. new york city and BA are completely different cities(i personally like BA better). My host mom is still helping me tremendously with spanish, which i am thankful for. but i am going to head out and unpack...God Bless

2 comentarios:

Leslie Virginia dijo...

So since you are already speaking Spanglish on this thing, I'm going to guess that by your last week there, your posts are going to be entirely in Spanish. Looking forward to it! (I knew there was a reason I kept my Spanish book...)

To post pictures, just click on the little tiny icon that is an animated mountain or something. It's beside the text options and all of that.

About your "observation," I think that New York City is one of the most diversely populated cities in America, if not in the world. Its inhabitants come from all over the world, whereas most of those in Buenos Aires are probably from the surrounding area. But it's good for you that they only speak Spanish, right?

Hope you're getting some rest with the rest of Porteños, then. Doesn't sound like it. You? Rest? In a foreign country?

(P.S. (because there always has to be one) You should try responding to my comments. It would make my questions more meaningful. And I'm still expecting an email in Spanish! I might email you soon...in English.)

Leslie Virginia dijo...

I almost forgot...

PRAISE GOD that you got your luggage! And just in time for the children. :)