domingo, 4 de mayo de 2008

el dia primero

Wow...so i finally have this blog set up. and what a time it has been the passed 24 hours. craziness...1st off i traveled for over 24 hours and i was in the santiago, chile airport for 8 hours...i pretty much made it a temporary home. not to mention my luggage did not arrive in buenos aires and i got thrown right into spanish trying to figure out how to deal with that. hopefully it will arrive here in a couple days. the airline gave me $70 to buy my stuff so that was good. then i had to deal with the taxi driver because he had the address where i was going, i didnt know where i was going and he kept asking me questions, but i guess it was good for my spanish. but everything got so much better when i arrived at my homestay family. it is amazing!!! even though i had so a bad travel time everything seemed to be alright when i got here. all my worries went away. i am staying right in buenos aires. i walked outside and i am on a busy street with shops and restaurants. I am staying with a mom and her son while i am here. She and I sat around for a few hours and just talked and ate dinner. it was amazing...and she is so patient with my spanish and she speaks english so she can alway translate what she says if i dont understand and she helps me out a lot. i have only been here a few hours and my spanish has already improved. if anyone ever wants to learn a language the only way is to go to that country and live! i have not met the son yet because i went to bed before he returned last night and he leaves for work at 7 on sundays. I have all my orientation stuff tomorrow so then I get to find out my hours of working and exactly what i will be doing. But i am getting ready to go explore a little and buy a toothbrush and some clothes. Please pray that my stuff shows up! God Bless.

2 comentarios:

Leslie Virginia dijo...

Oh no! I can't believe your fear about the luggage came true. But at least you have a good attitude; I'm sure it will turn up eventually.

I am glad that you get along so well with your host mom and that you are already being forced to exercise your Spanish skills! You'll be fluent by the time you come back. Heck, you're probably fluent after a day.

Well, thanks for the update. Glad your travels were safe, and I'll be praying for the prompt arrival of your baggage. Especially the stuff you got for the kids!

Go have fun and explore, and let us know about the orphanage and everything. I can't wait to hear stories. :)

(P.S. It's a good thing I know how to navigate blogger, otherwise I'd be completely confused...because all the instructions are in Spanish!)

Bayberry dijo...

I'm glad you arrived safe and sound! Your on the verge of an adventure and bound to do many great things. It's very exciting!